0053 LHR-000 21 JUN 18 (First)

Post your British Airways trip reports here.

0053 LHR-000 21 JUN 18 (First)

Postby Linda21 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:23 pm

This is a Trip Report from the First cabin
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew

As there seems to be a lack of reports or anything on this site thought I would do a trip report of our first experience of flying from Terminal 5 and the Concorde room.

We travelled down the night before and managed to secure a room at the Soffitel at a reasonable rate, which as most will know has a direct link to the Terminal 5 building. We decided as we did know know our way around to do a recce the night before. we found the First entrance as the Soffitel is the furthest from this area, its the full walk of Terminal 5 right down to the end.

We were greeted warmly and all the desks were manned at 6 in the morning, (we had a 9.20 departure), made our way through to security where most of the staff appeared they could not be bothered but got through unscathed.

Went into the hollowed halls of the Concorde room, it seems like an old fashioned gentleman's club, we were seated promptly and breakfast orders taken. i suspect all the food is already prepared and not freshly cooked as it was barely lukewarm and the bacon looked like it had been around for a while. As it was getting busy to ask for more tea, milk and toast proved impossible, so we went out to the conservatory area which was very quiet and a bit more airy.

As it is quite a walk and train ride to the gate we decided after an hour or so to make a break for it. It wasn't too bad a walk and train although full was very quick, or course our flight was on the furthest gate.

As we were on the early Seattle flight it was on an older 777, but we were both pleasantly surprised on how much room the First class suite had, it seemed bigger than on the 747. crew introduced themselves we were called by name all the time and every request was dealt with efficiently and no problems. I rarely eat the meal and had chosen the beef as I do not like spicy food, (well it does not like me) unfortunately it was cooked to within an inch of existence so tough and hard. The pudding which I always look forward to was also overcooked toffee pudding not nice when rock hard, they did offer me something else but nothing on the menu appealed.

One nice surprise was my husband had let slip it was my birthday, so the crew all signed a card and gave me a full bottle of Champange
which made it home in one piece. The IFE seemed better than in the past don't know if they have upgraded the screens but it was better picture and sound. The selection of films seems to very dated with only a few new additions, but we both managed to find enough to watch.

A very enjoyable flight.very smooth and arrived ahead of time just before the Virgin flight landed, we managed to use the self service kiosks and were out of the Terminal in under half an hour.

Thanks for reading Linda
Linda21
Clearing security

Return to Trip Reports